Rune1 is a multiplayer adventure so, let's face it, you are going to meet lots of new and exciting friends along your travels.
However, please remember you DO NOT
know any of these people in real-life. This is not to say that they are not as nice in real-life as they act in Rune1, they most likely are, but it's important and best to keep a safe distance from your fellow Rune1 players in real-life.
For this reason, we have put together some helpful hints so you can be both safe and have fun in Rune1.
1. DO NOT
tell other players personal information. Not even if they claim to be Original creators of the game staff!
Don't tell ANYONE
your real name, email address, home address, messenger handle or phone number. Use your Rune1 in-game friends list to chat and interact with the other players safely.
2. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable then you should not attempt to carry on a conversation with this person.
Please see our disruptive members
guide for details on both how to ignore these players and reporting them, should they insult you directly.
3. Chatting of a sexual nature (aka cybering) is strictly forbidden in Rune1 and should someone approach you in-game with this type of chat, please follow the instructions in our disruptive members
guide and report the player to us.
4. Rune1 is an ONLINE
game. There is no need to meet anyone from Rune1 in real life. Remember, you only have the other player's word that they are who they say they are. In addition, for our players' safety, it is against the rules to ask for or give out personal information, so please do not do so. For further information about this policy, please read Rule 13
If you decide against this and do plan to meet a Rune1 player in real life, please inform your parents or guardian what you are doing and have them accompany you to the meeting. DO NOT
5. Always keep your parents or guardians informed of how your game is going. It would be a good idea to introduce them to the game and encourage them to check on you regularly to ensure that your game remains problem-free.
6. If you need any help we are only a website form away. Please contact Customer Support and we will get back to you ASAP
. Have fun and be safe. That's what Rune1 is all about!
7. For serious cases related to Child Protection, please report the incident to the following authorities:
For serious cases in the UK contact your local police force via their station number. Find more information here: http://www.police.uk
. Alternatively, contact the Social Services (you can find their number in the phone book).
Or, if you are outside the United Kingdom or the United States, we suggest you contact your local law enforcement agency.
For further information and advice on how to chat safely online, please see the following sites:
8. If you are a Law Enforcement agency or officer with a request for cooperation or information, please contact email@example.com
9. If you are a parent seeking more information about Rune1, you can view our Parents' Guide by clicking here
Back to the top
If this article does not help you, you may find the following sections of the Rune1 site helpful: